Teaching and Learning Grammar (Foreign Languages)
ECTS credit: 3
Lecturer(s): doc. dr. Mertelj Darja, izr. prof. dr. Lah Meta
- The concept of grammar and its theoretical linguistic and didactic principles in the foreign language classroom. Grammar and textbooks (student books), adequacy of grammar for different learning groups.
- Typology and use of grammar exercises/activities, activities for rule deduction, activities/games for grammar revision.
- Connecting grammar with other language skills, especially with productive skills (written and oral communication and expression).
- Elaboration of additional material for grammar activities and revision, its use in practice.
- Testing grammar (test, competitions, bachellor examination, international examination).